Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

9.06.2006

They Say Be Careful What You Ask For

I said I wanted an easier job without 100+ students on my nerves and their parents that swear that they could no wrong in a classroom setting. I have no administrators, test scores, failure rates, or spiral curled stick up the arse department heads to contend with. This new job is pretty sweet for the decent pay I'm getting.

But I'm bored as all get out today! I'm trying not to fall asleep, but there's not much to do on a Wednesday! To top it off, the nice people let us go to lunch FOR AN HOUR whenever we get good and doggone ready. This is so unlike other customer service jobs I've had. (More on that later.) I had a nice salad from the ultra-convenient Publix that's about 1 mile away. It's such a nice location in The Vinings - which from the native Atlantan point of view is still Smyrna. Who are these transplants trying to fool??? Anywho, the salad was splendid! Crab meat, sweet peas, some special ham with a black outside (scared me but it was delicious), cucumbers and tomatoes in their own special salad, and red onions all on a bed of Romaine lettuce with Parmesean Cheese. Sorry, no croutons because I'm getting a little more seroius about my weight loss efforts. Absolutely splendid salad! Why did a sista catch The Itis? I had to go make some tea to try to wake up.

Now, I'm doing better thanks to this blog. While I'm complaining in this blog, I have to consider again that this customer service job for a web-based rental ads company is still excellent compared to other crap I had to endure. At my first okay job out of college, I was a customer service rep for a complaint line. Folks were always calling because they didn't enough napkins or they were missing ketchup. It was a straight bullisht job, but I made some cool friends there that I'm still in touch with today. I don't miss that building for nothing because there was politics at a bullisht job, and the whole place was ran by unprofessional people who wanted to be really corporate but couldn't be even if they found a corporate figurehead getup in a costume store. I don't miss that environment at all.

The other uffed up environment was at another company that tried to be corporate but had more folks (mostly one black chick) on power trips. Don't you hate folks like that? Just because you have a title does not mean you can treat people anywhichway you feel. Just because you're not getting loving like you want it does not mean you have permission to talk down to me. Not that it happened to me, but the group I worked with was united in the beginning, and we had to call for a meeting with our Customer Service Manager. But certain behaviors began to come to light, especially with my supervisor claiming her "favorites" (pronounce fay-vo-right). I don't care if you have a favorite or not, but don't come to me claiming I'm a favorite one time after you said it to one particular person 20 times. I don't deal well with fraudulent individuals. If you can't be real about your personal preferences, then I can't trust you to be real on a professional level when I need your support or your assistance with my benefits.

That's what I had to face. My current job is super sweet. I'm still blogging right this second about whatever comes to mind. I'm by myself from 6-8pm just in case someone needs help or makes a phone call; it's pretty dead around that time. Even my supervisor doesn't have major issues! She's actually a cool chick who dresses "goth chic" with her studded black leather wrist cuffs, cute black jackets and boots, and her short cute hairstyle with a fuschia streak! Really easygoing. She's a mixture of different ethnicities including Spaniard...but not African-American. She's my first European boss, and I'm digging it. She keeps my drama to a minimum because there really isn't drama. I love it.

But I won't stay with this for the next 5-10 years, and she knows that's not what any of us want. I really need to use this time to focus on weight loss as well as my career aspirations to become a writer and a truck driver. I'm trying to be focused on everything...if I don't fall asleep first.

No comments: