Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

1.18.2007

I'm trying to catch up with the rest of the world. I already have a MySpace account that I barely use. It's easy to see the usefulness of it if you can connect with long lost friends, but there's so mnay crazy stories out there about folks moving in with each other, then coming home to find their house or apartment more naked than a newborn baby. I just plan to use sense when I operate on MySpace. Besides, my cousins are on there, and my bestest friend in the whole wide world keeps sending me messages. SupaChica, you're the shiznit!

But why can't I upload a picture I took yesterday to this account? I'm sorry that I haven't signed up for some new-fangled picture sharing or whatever. I guess I should just to make this easier. I love the idea of sharing my picture with the itty bitty (but I'm so glad to have ya!) readership I have. If anyone has any tips on uploading my photo here, like what website to go to, help me out. I sho freeshenate ya!

I went on an interesting date on Sunday with this decent guy I met. He was a little older than I wanted, but he was nice enough. Nice walk in Piedmont Park (and I plan to visit again just for walking and exercise...that's it), visit a Midtown restaurant which was nasty (Boo, Zocalo!), then visit Oakland Cemetery....

See, what had happened was I mentioned going there before with a previous boyfriend for A Day In The Park as they call it. You get to learn about Victorian Symbolism, African-American history, and women's history. Well, we walked up around 5:45, and it was getting dark. The guard was there and said nothing ever happens; a lot of the residents have been dead for well over a century. He mentioned the marker for The Unknown Citizens of Atlanta, which mostly holds slaves. Their wood markers had since disappeared, but of course no bodies had been removed. Well, interesting guy and I went to the back of the cemetery and paid our respects. That was a moving moment for me because before that, the closest I had really been to slavery was visiting Mt. Vernon (home of George Washington) in 7th Grade. Just being in the presence of that old 18th century stuff that was tended by slaves did touch me. The area for slaves was beyond peaceful...but I didn't want to spend the night.

We went to Oz Pizza and parted ways. He really acted like he didn't want to leave me, and we hugged nicely. Why haven't I heard from dude? It's okay because I wasn't really, really digging him. I just spent a warm Sunday with decent company, and I'm good to go.

No comments: