Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

8.28.2007

I have to talk about Michael Vick another time, but we all make jacked up choices



Bless this girl's heart. I might be having a hard time with my love life, but this child has become one of the biggest jokes in a while. I feel badly for her, but it's pure comedy that I came across thanks to me listening to "The Bert Show" rather than my usual Steve Harvey Morning Show.

Just know that Ms. Teen South Carolina was one of the top five finalist in the 2007 Ms Teen USA Pageant, and this is her answer to the question. We all make mistakes, but dang. Hopefully, she'll have to chance to bounce back just like all of us have.



After 10 days of reflection, I have decided I'm on Man Hiatus. This will be my time to bounce back by focusing on me. Who am I really? What do I really want, and how am I going to get it? While I'm reflecting, planning, and taking action, there will be no men involved for an indeterminate amount of time. (Gotta plan that part, too.)

The Man Hiatus will be fine. One of my good friends who is a HS teacher is turning 30 soon, and we both are fed up with the dating situation in Atlanta. Just too many men think that Atlanta is their playground, and women's hearts are their playthings for the momen. The men we're encountering are having issues, and it's too damn late in this life for this silliness. Most of the frustration lies with knowing that we have other girlfriends who are dating, becoming engaged, getting married, and starting their families. Yet, we're two of the thousands of good women who are drama-free, non-manipulative, honest, and sincere women who can't catch a break when it comes to this dating crap.

So, I'm removing myself from this madness for now. I need to get to know me and keep moving forward instead of worrying about when the next guy is coming along. Matter of fact, if the next guy approaches me, I'll have to pass for a while. I know a little voice in my head will whisper, "Are you sure you should pass him up? What if he's THE ONE?" Then, I'll remember all of the guys I gave a sincere chance to, and I'll have to say, "I am the one. If I make me the priority, then the right one will come along." Most importantly, it won't be an urgent matter of dating someone or talking to a guy. If he ever comes along, he'll be a complement to my life, not a requirement or a validation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi sunshyne!!

That video makes me laugh as well and to think that girl is supposedly an honor student and is about to go to somebody's college. She actually re-answered the question on a talk show had a WAAAAY better answer (that someone probably prepared for her)...lol.

But on to the real point of commenting. I used to be the same way about guys and getting upset about all the BS that you have to go through and worrying that I might not find someone (I know i'm still young)...but it was precisely when I stopped worrying about it and decided to focus on me that I found the current bf.

I say that you should focus on you and if a date comes along take it and have fun but don't analyze or expect anything to come of it. If it does then good if not then oh well.

Love ya and I miss all of you guys since i'm "stuck" in Tampa.

LJ