Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

12.18.2006

My family tree is getting interesting. There are no new biological additions, but I'm enjoying the sisterhood in my family. Biologically, I have two half-sisters because Papa was a rolling stone in his early days. Five kids by three women. Yeah, Dad was busy. Anyway, Dad got me two half-sisters according to society's definitions. In my heart of hearts, I have a half-sister, my sister, and my big sister Leo.

To be real, my half-sister isn't worth mentioning. I haven't seen or heard from her since my older brother's funeral over 8 years ago. So, I treat her like she treats the rest of my immediate family: relatives out of biological obligation. That's exactly what it is. Sounds harsh, but the sad part is that my brother, NOPI, sees things quite differently. NOPI only has two sisters, and that's it.

Despite that outlook, I think I have a decently healthy relationship with my sister. Lil Woman is 11 years my senior, but she doesn't act like some fuddy duddy. She's real cool in her very early middle age, and she's definitely enjoying her life at this beautiful stage. She has a beautiful home that she shares with her ex-Marine husband and three children. I still can't believe the oldest is 21 and legal in every way. Lil Woman is the spitting image of our Father, but she doesn't act too much like him. She's no nonsense like Dad, but her mother had to influence the more compassionate, sensitive, and appreciative sides of her personality. It almost makes me wonder how she came into this world looking like him but being different from him in many ways.

Like she's supportive. I still find myself in awe of her support of my Slumber Parties business when I didn't get the chance to support her Party Lite home business. Maybe she was understanding that I didn't really have the money to invest in candles and accessories at the time. It was true. Uhh...kinda still is true. Anywho, guess what Lil Woman went and did for her Lil Sis? Lil Woman got a nice number of her friends to buy some products of mine, and she knows of one that wants to have her own party. Maybe you're thinking it's impossible for a father to support his daughter's efforts to sell "bedroom accessories". Well, Dad actually got me at least one sell. I'm still amazed at that. But Lil Woman got organized for me, completed order forms, did calculations, and drove to the Wachovia bank branch about 15 minutes away from her home to deposit the funds into my account. Are you kidding me? That is some serious support.

Even better, Lil Woman read my last entry and was concerned. She called me as soon as she read what was going on with me. She was really concerned about the "violation". I reassured her that I was fine and definitely was not raped, etc. Lil Woman is a real big sis, and although I thanked her on the phone, I thank you again, Lil Woman for caring enough to make sure I was okay. That's love right there.

The other big sister Leo is my good friend, Ree Ree. I met her working for the IRS about 4 years ago. I don't know what drew two female Leos to each other, but I think we've loved each other for quite some time. She's become quite close to me because she's one of the few people that takes the time to understand and *gasp* tolerate my uniqueness. I have to understand hers, too, and it's pretty cool that we do. She makes me howl with laughter, and Ree Ree laughs at me and with me. That's my dawg, and I'd be shocked if anything ever divided us as good friendss that hang out occassionally but sisterly chicks that talk and text message pretty regularly. I guess Ree Ree gives me some stability and genuine friendship in this city when it's so hard to find friends or a good man. Did I mention Ree Ree is a lesbian? I hate categorizing her like that, but I'm enjoying my growing cadre of gay friends. Remember, I'm still straight and dick-loving, but I'm also proud to be gay friendly.

Now, I could end this entry talking about how special sisters are. It would be adorable, but that's too mushy for the kid. Both of my big sisters know that, and they know I love them both. I know they love me, too, and that's the most important thing. Ok...I give up. Sisters are beautiful. So are those two women. And so am I. I would be beautiful as an only child, too, because I got a good mix of genes. But I digress....

No comments: