Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

12.26.2006

First, RIP James Brown. I'm still mad that CNN focused on his criminal mishaps as if he never recorded a great deal of music that was sampled heavily in hip hop. The man was one of the greatest entertainers ever that influenced many entertainers that came after him. But I get his rap sheet when he dies? Bastids. I'll still be rocking my favorite James Brown jam ever: The Payback. I used that song to explain the second half of Homer's The Odyssey because you know the major theme was revenge against the suitors that took over Odysseus' home because they were plotting to take his place and his wealth. Yeah, I digressed, and I ain't sorry for it.

I'm glad Christmas is over. For real. I enjoyed seeing my ghetto family members that hit a peak when the tall nephew and short but highly confrontational uncle that can't be that far apart in years are hemming each other up and scuffling like we're at a club on MLK. I know we were litterally around the corner from MLK and not far from the Westlake MARTA station, but that did not require their level of foolishness. Hell, they make me hope that if I have a boy one day that he might come out like my brother and/or father because he'll be a silly child, but he'll have some sense and focus. Might be money hungry like my Daddy, too, which would be beneficial to me in the future, right? I'm just sayin'.....

NOPI and I went to breakfast at a local restaurant. We just didn't feel like cooking jack, and I definitely wanted some breakfast food. I woulda done better cooking my own deliciously perfect pancakes, but I took their preparation. NOPI's girlfriend went with us, and she fucked up the rest of our time together when she called my brother a faggot. Now, everyone knows NOPI ain't gay. Negative on that. It was just the non-playful tone she used while on the phone with another dude that NOPI ain't neva met! My brother shut down for a minute because I know he wanted to snap. He finally expressed his disappointment, and I even offer twice, "This is the point where you apologize for offending him." That dummy didn't apologize! It took two phone arguments before that pipe cleaner looking girl finally said, "I'm sorry." I think she has confirmed for me that I don't need to date another Pisces ever because I swear they all have communications problems that I don't have the patience for. You know my motto: Say what you mean and mean what you say damn it! What's so hard about that shit? (OK, so I added some. So what?)

I saw my parents, my sister-in-law, and my nieces and nephew. The girls are quite enjoyable because they are growing into lovely young ladies. Why does the younger one (FutureIVY) who is a tad shorter and on the thick side already have a good idea on how to work some stilettos??? She was rocking her Mom's shoes with no real effort. Ironically, the older one (Lil Genius) who is tall, slender, and quite leggy was walking with a little trouble, like she was scared of tipping over any moment. Imagine that. They were quite funny, and we were dying laughing together. Lil Genius is quite mature but still goofy while FutureIVY is a kid at heart but can flip flop in a minute to her grown woman. I gotta hang out with them more so I still have memories of them before hitting 18. They grow so fast!

But I spoke to a dude that I just met. He calls himself Lucky which is good because I sho as hell can't pronounce the name his Mama gave him. I really want to get her number, dial it, listen for her to pickup, introduce myself, and ask point black, "What were you thinking with that made up shit?" It's not like Quintivius (a boy I went to elementary with), but it's pretty fucked up. Anyway, Lucky and I talk for a while, but I gotta pee. So I suggest calling him back in a few minutes as I make my way to the car (I'm not telling him I gotta pee, but y'all can know that *wink*) because I was enjoying the convo. He seemed like a decent fella with a weird accent because he's from Denver. No, still not over a black dude being from Denver. Well, Lucky says, "I'll call you back a little later." I'm trying to play it cool, so I say, "Cool. Have a good time whatever you're doing." Well, no call back. That gives Lucky an 80% of being off my list already. We just met, so it's too early for not doing what you say you will. That means a lot to me, so his lack of a call kinda irked me.

1 comment:

Sheba Jaye said...

Isn't it amazing how the media glorifes on someones wrong doing than their contributions?