Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

10.07.2006

Is it me or the "men"?

It's Saturday night, and I'm home. I'm comfortable with this because I'm screaming as I watch my Georgia Bulldawgs (#10) battle against one of our major SEC rivals, The Volunteers of Tennessee (#13). It's an excellent game. How about my Dawgs had an 86 yard punt return in the first half, and we just had a 99 yard kickoff return in the second half! I've been having the usual highs and lows with my Georgia Dogs, but we're currently still undefeated. They'll wrap this up the right way with over 12 minutes left in the 4th. I *HEART* NCAA Football!

I wonder how many women actually read that.


Once again, it's Saturday night. Now, I have a supposed interest from two fellas right now, but I tend to not think anything of it. Why should I when neither "man" stepped up and asked me out on a Saturday afternoon or night? Both of them just had to have me in my their life, but neither is making plans. Let's examine some evidence.

First, there's Beaver. After the great debate of him leaving without explanation but coming back, I decided to let him back in. I honestly missed his friendship...although he wasn't much of a friend to bounce that way. He really had some deep issues, so I thought it would be best to give Beaver the benefit of the doubt. I'm usually more optimistic about men, but I'm praying that it's not naivete or foolishness with Beaver.

Well, on last Friday, he called and asked if it would be okay if he might see me on Sunday. "Well," I started, "I may be a little busy on Sunday, but just call me on it. I'm sure we can work it out." Sounds like a green light, right? Okay, maybe a little yellow is in there, but there wasn't a red light or stop sign.

Sunday comes, and Beaver and I get on the phone. I can't remember who made the call. Somewhere in the convo, Beaver starts talking to someone else. "Oh, I'm talking to Denise [his ex-wife]." I say, "Oh, she's on the phone." Beaver nonchalantly says, "No, I'm over at her place."

My women's intuition kicks with the quickness. Why are you with your ex-wife before 11 am when neither one of you attends church? Even if y'all did, y'all are running late to make the 11 am service and get good parking at any one of Atlanta's huge churches. I know that y'all are still friends, and you say she's a different person from the woman you married many years ago, but why are you there so early? Did you spend the night? And why aren't you trying to make it over this way if you're truly interested as you say you are?

Despite all of my concerns, I play it cool and continue the convo for a little longer. I even get him to ask Denise if she's interested in any toys because I'll take any opportunity to sell my "women empowerment tools". We joke around a bit, and I end the call.

Why did Beaver never show up that day? He didn't even call back. It really irked me that he found time to spend with his ex-wife, but he made a big deal about getting back in my life but hasn't found time to see me yet. That's some bullshit! So, my wheels are already turning on whether to cut my losses and keep enjoying my "Me Time" or work with him. There's a lot of oil on those wheels because that fool ain't here tonight either. So, when he insists on calling me beautiful, sexy, fine, etc., I recognize the smoke and I always shut down the compliment.
Why? Cuz that's some bullshit!

Up second is the new guy. Remember the Nut Case I met in the 9/28 blog? (I looked it up.) Well, he's still just as nutty. I kinda regret taking Nut Case's number. I still remember leaving my car and walking towards the store, and he was sitting behind the wheel of a 4Runner waiting for someone to come out. I immeidately looked away, but I recognized that awe on his face. I didn't say that he had to stare at me in awe, but that's how he looked.


So, me and Nut Case have talked quite a bit, and he's on some other weird bullshit. A lot of times, he'll just randomly say, "I love you." That pisses me off more than anything. You can have the Love of God for me because we're both children of God. Cool. You cannot love me the way a man loves a woman when we haven't gone out yet, and I still don't know much about you besides you find me to be beautiful. The whole thing is dumb, and I really don't wanna make time for a dummy.

But why did Nut Case leave a singing message for me on my voicemail? Why? Dude cannot sing! He couldn't hold a note with a 5 gallon bucket. It really was a turnoff because I've never been the kind of girl that melts at the sound of a man singing to me. I'll never have that moment that homegirl in "The Five Heartbeats" had when Eddie Cain, Jr. started blowing - blowing for real, for real. Remember she was squirming all in her seat and clutching the armrests? She fainted when Eddie Cain, Jr. (you gotta say the whole name) kissed her. That will neva happen for me. So when Nut Case is singing, "Good Morning, Sunshyyyyyyne! How you doin'? I been thinkin' about yooooou. Can't get you off my minddddd
(Yes, emphasis on the "D") ," I was not impressed. He was off key, then had the nerve to ask why I hadn't called him. I take more calls than I make. So, the message did not impress me, but I was thoroughly entertained enough to save the message and play it for two of my coworkers. One died laughing, and the other thought it was sweet. Negative on that.

So, I'm about to do something else on my Saturday night because one guy hasn't made it happen, and the other guy is too wack to do anything with if he tries to make it happen. I know it'll improve some day, so I'll just chill with that. In the meantime, my Dawgs lost 51-33. That score is correct. It hurt, man. It did make me feel good to see the Tennessee coach get down on his knees with his players and wife to pray afterwards. I don't know if non-SEC or southern schools pray, but I know I love the SEC.

Why is Beaver calling?


No comments: