Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

8.06.2008

Random Thoughts


The only constant is change, and I'm being consumed by it. My professional life and source of income is stuck dead in the middle of a crossroads. It's not cluttered because I have ideas on what I want to. I definitely want to avoid backtracking and deciding to stay where I am. Regression and restricting my gifts and talents tend to be pointless. So, developing and honing my natural gifts in writing is a very likely direction.

In keeping with the spirit, I have to write something. I penned my first real effort at a poem. The topic was patriotism, and so far, other members of my writing group seem to be blown away by my attempt. Nice. So no poetry today. Just some
random expressions:

~ How'd I get so lucky to have a husband who
likes to cook for me and doesn't mind cleaning at all? And he digs me exactly the way I am. Full-figured fluffiness and all. Never would have conceived of this in a million years.

~ "I Wanna Work For Diddy" is quickly becoming my new favorite reality show. The mantra of "Sleep is Forbidden" inspires one to be driven in theory, but for real.... I need about 6 hours of sleep. I don't have any sleep disorders, and I don't want them just because I thought achieving was more important than resting my body.

~ "From G's to Gents" isn't half as bad as I thought. I jumped on a recent ep where the guys had to show business savvy in front of I.rv G.ot.ti. The Atlanta dude outshined the other guys for real. But that T. Jones guy... He's not "slow", but he definitely posseses a quality about himself that screams "little boy in a grown man's body". I felt bad for him during the challenge because he high-tailed it down the very familiar path of self-sabotage when he was faced with a challenge.

~ I got a lil' excited when I saw gas for $3.74/gal this evening. About a nanosecond later, I remembered reading that oil prices are dropping about 10 - 15% while the price of fuel at the pump is dropping about 3%. Plus, it's still pretty close to $4/gal. This is some bull....

~ Pan.dora radio rocks. Why did I wait so long to jump on it?

~ I love LL Cool J for those hilarious MTV mini-spots, especially the "Misery"-inspired ones.

No comments: