Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

8.18.2008

Geor-gia!!! Bull-dawgs!!! better than South Carolina anyday


Exciting but nervewrecking. That's how you can chalk up my reaction to my Georgia Bulldawgs Preason #1 ranking in the Associated Press poll. I'm sure plenty of people didn't think this was coming, but it did. YESSSSSS!!!

But it's still nervewrecking because everyone that starts out #1 doesn't always end the season at #1 according to a recent blog in the AJC. Just ask the University of Southern California Trojans who started out #1 last year but finished the season at #3 (behind UGA).
Only time will tell if my team can pull it out. Regardless of the outcome, I'll nation does as well.

The memory of UGA ending up head of USC in the end makes me laugh - even more than Michigan's loss to Division II Appalachian State (BWAHAHAHAHA!) - only because I have a colleague that played for them back in the day, and he razzes me every week. He's a truly devoted alum that always recognizes the true nature of his team's legacy (payola anyone?), and I respect him for that. In return, he knows UGA only has two national football titles (1942 and 1980), but we've always had talent in a rigorous conference. Who can't respect fans like the Bulldawg Nation?

But a comment in the AJC blog about a fellow SEC team was pure hilarity! SEC fans are absolutely loyal, but you gotta give South Carolina Gamecock fans credit for their ridiculous, almost illogical devotion to their team. One commenter on a recent AJC.com blog cracked me up with their breakdown of the losing tradition that encompasses Gamecock Gobbledygook. Some might find the comment disrespectful, but what's so disrespectful about hardcore football statistics documented in the annals of NCAA history? I'll keep laughing...just as long as my Dawgs handle business in Columbia on September 13. We haven't forgotten.

Oh yeah. Back to the laughs.

http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/ajc/uga/entries/2008/08/18/consensus_no_1.html#comment-114014403

No comments: