Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

5.20.2008

"This is how we chill"

Today was just like any other day except I felt like being cute on the job. After all, I wore sweat pants yesterday. Dolled up with a colorful yet tastefully done face, I jumped in the car. Damn if I didn't forget the small brush to apply the pot of cream eyeliner... to my eyebrows. Just for definition. I was running late already, so I couldn't turn around and tear my house apart looking for it. *sigh*

I always keep makeup pencils in the car, and the only one remaining was my NYC red lip liner. It's only been on my lips about 10 times in life because I always used the red to create red eyebrows to match my hair. On this occasion, my heart kinda dropped. I had gotten accustomed to the dark brown eyebrows I created. Maybe I just felt more grown up with my not as red hair and my dark eyebrows. Even typing right now, I'm just not digging red eyebrows, especially with this colorful make up.

A redefinition had begun. Red eyebrows equaled a regression. *sighhh*

You should always remember where you came from and what has defined you. I just had stepped away from that like I did so many other things. Evolution, not living in the past.

But revisiting the past for a spell is always hot. That's why my picture has been replaced by a defining graphic. It's not my definition because I never had the image of hard core hip hop head. Just the heart of one. For those that haven't grasped what that image means, peep the video below:



93 Til Infinity
Souls of Mischief

No comments: