Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

5.08.2008

it's after 1 am yet sleep eludes me. Allergies are still affecting me and my sleep patterns. Might just be a nasty sinus infection that I cannot shake for anything. Double doses of a.lka s.eltz.er cold, acv cocktails with cayenne pepper, and the.raf.lu liquid medicine have not helped yet. Like this chick at a previous job used to say about our shift, positions, and our employer, "This is some bullshit."

On another note, Hubby and I had a good time at the Cyclorama on Sunday. Who knew the world's largest oil painting paying homage to The Battle of Atlanta during the Civil War would be pretty decent for a black chick and her African hubby who digs history and anything resembling a documentary? Best of all, we weren't the only black people.

After, we entered Grant Park and chilled by a fountain on that beautiful day. I was astounded by how nice the park was. Grant Park was avoided for years by my family because the last time we were there in the 80's, the park smelled overwhelming like the adjacent Atlanta Zoo. Yeah, not a motivating factor to try it again, but there was no smell on this Sunday, about 20 years since my last visit. We'll be back again for our own picnic on a blanket.

No comments: