Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

6.17.2006

It's the weekend, and it's on!!!

Great weekend so far! I went to Piedmont Park's "Screen on the Green" with thousands of other Atlantans on Thursday night. We saw "Ferris Bueler's Day Off" for the free free! It was my first time seeing it in its entirety. How is it possible that one kid could do so much? How many of you know a Ferris? Trust me that they exist. There are plenty of students that can charm their teachers and the student body. I know I could see myself sending flowers to "Tre" if we learned he was "sick". He could possibly corrupt the student body, too. LOL Anyway, the event was something new and different to do, and I had a good time with my friends, Meredith, Jan, and Hal, Jan's new husband. We laughed, talked, and just had a good night. Imagine that: a black woman kicking it with her white friends and it doesn't matter to anyone. I hate having to take it there because if you're cool with me, then your race/ethnic group is almost invisible to me. So...I wasn't really kicking it with my white friends; I was kicking it with my peoples!

Friday nite: I kicked it with a new friend. He was boring to me at first, but he's starting to open up somewhat. We went to Caribou Coffee where he was smart and had Mango Tea but I had the cold press coffee with mint and cream. Wanna know how truly brilliant I was at 11 pm??? I had a second helping (thanks for the freebie Caribou Worker...I can't put her name out there!). So, I'm still awake at 4:34 am when I'm supposed to be waking up to work out at 9 am with water aerobics. Sheer brilliance to have that much caffeine that late! Anyway, we talked and laughed and just enjoyed each other. We also went to Atlantic Station and hung out in front of Strip restaurant. Well, we sat on a bench in the "courtyard" under Strip's patio. It's obviously one of many places to see and be seen on a Friday night. The DJ was pretty good, but I'm not one of those chicks who's concerned with making sure I'm seen in the right places. So, it was irritating to see people making sure they were seen. Bless their hearts. One lady who walked by assessed Strip just right: "That ain't Strip Restaurant; that's Club Strip." She wasn't lying. LOL

I don't know what can happen between me and the friend, but he's decent. He didn't try me one time meaning he never touched me in anyway, and he didn't even suggest anything intimate, not even a kiss or hand-holding. Thank Gawd! We talked about that after he arrived home because I had to tell him about a dumbass neighbor. It's 1:41 am, and this fool actually approaches me to tell me that he's seen me around the area and can tell that I'm about business because I don't associate with too many folks around here (including himself) and I stay out of the drama. (You daaaamn right , I do!) He asked me out, but I don't know him from Adam. Beyond that, dude does not have a car because he walked by my parking space. He was nice, but he fucked up when he mentioned that I "deserve HEAD every day of the week". What the hell does a chick you don't know do to assure you that I'm worthy of oral sex every day? Why did this dum dum offer some HEAD to me? Why did I promptly have to tell him to go home? Why did he take it further and knocked on my door after he watched me (and my booty) enter the apt? I had to yell at him, "GO HOME!" I don't have time for trifling men, especially one that spits all in front of me and reeks of alcohol. Beyond unappealing.

What happened to men not trying a sista by mentioning sex in the first 5 minutes? I'm not falling for that isht! I'm nearing 30, and I'm a little bit wiser. That's not even doable in the least. Dumb asses! It's not an age or social status issue because a 47 year old did it last weekend. He licked the hell out of my ear, and that did...not a damn thang for me!

I've made some errors in judgement in my 20s, but I'm done with that shit. I have some guidelines I need to go by, and I'm gaining more knowledge from a good book called "Why Men Love Bitches" by Sherry Argov. It's got some good stuff in it, and it's real talk. I have two decent prospects to contend with, and this book will help.

I'm looking forward to seeing my soRHOrs at the annual Greek Picnic on Saturday! I may hit the afterparty at Mick's, but I'm not banking on it. Either way, we're gonna hold it down this weekend. Shout out to the NPHC Greeks. I got love for others, too, but I love my Divine Nine Greeks.

Be blessed folks!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a good weekend. The nerve of that guy approaching you like that lol. I can't believe he offered you oral sex just like that. I don't know what happened to all of the respectable, romatic, decent men but he is surely not one of them