Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

5.29.2006

DeWayne

No, DeWayne is not some new that I'm obsessing over. He's not some dude that I'm halfways considering dating. (Thank God he's not the dude I saw last night who's so dull that I actually fell asleep while he was talking; I've told hime that he's kind of dull so he should open up.)

DeWayne passed Sunday, May 28, and he was my second cousin on my maternal grandmother's side. I still remember reuniting with him as adults after my great aunt's funeral. I was wondering how someone so attractive, well-dressed, and cool was at my great aunt's funeral. He sat diagonally across from me at the family table during the meal at the church, and my dad revealed that he was my cousin. We clicked instantly and stayed in touch with one another. It was really cool that he was such a genuine person with such a wonderful personality and gorgeous appearance (think of a caramel Tyson Beckford...with improved lips). He was one in a million, and I miss him so dearly right now. I just spoke to him two Fridays ago when he called me out of the blue. We had just spoken a week before that because I was dealing with that clown from above, and he helped me.

I have already prayed and thanked God for the year that I was blessed with knowing him. I have to pray for others, too, because I know he touched other lives. I don't know how I'll handle the funeral because I've already been weeping. Funny thing: I didn't cry this much for my older brother when he died, but me and my brother weren't really close while I was away at college. DeWayne was kind of like a big brother, but it's too late for that because he died so suddenly and unexpectedly due to kidney failure. I wish he would have told me if he needed a kidney because I would have done it quickly, but I suppose he was being himself and not burdening others with his problems. I miss him so much. Pray for the hundreds of people that I'm sure will be at his funeral.

No comments: