Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

1.27.2008

"I's married now!"

I'm sure the sherrif's deputies in Fulton County have heard that every week at the free group ceremonies held on Fridays. They definitely heard that classic line from "The Color Purple" as mon amour and I were finally pronounced husband and wife. We flashed rings and smiles after that magical kiss that sealed the deal.

My parents and best friend, Supa Chica, were there to witness the most important step I've taken to date. We went to Paschal's Restaurant afterward to celebrate the nuptials. Sweetie and I were both quite dapper in our suits. I shopped for days and couldn't find anythng new I wanted, so I wore one of my "Sigma Suits" in royal blue. Honey wore a very nice dark grey suit with a Burberry tie. We must have been glowing from the inside out.

But we got back home later, and it felt the same as the day before. I couldn't define what I excpected before, but I guess I was expecting both of us to magically float in the air like Fiona did at the end of "Shrek". We would be aglow because we finally became man and wife. Ehh...didn't quite happen that way, but we're still quite happy togehter. We had been calling one another "husband" and "wife" for some time, so we just literally put in on paper. No glowing. Just making it legal and getting ready for loads of advice and putting our hearts and minds together as we prepare to be together for the long haul.

No comments: