Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

7.13.2007

Patience is a virtue...so I've heard

That "Epiphany" post is probably going to be one of my top 10 posts ever, but it appears I set a false alarm. I've never claimed that I was a master at that virtue of patience.



It had been a while, but Bones and I finally talked. Please believe that things didn't just pick up exactly where they left on the 4th. Conversation was very slow although Bones was happy to be talking to me. He seemed oblivioius to the situation, but what man isn't? Then I remember the idea that a man is not a mind reader, so I had to spell it out for him.

"What did I do to you to make you not call?" I asked.


"What do you mean?" he answered with another question. "I was gonna ask you the same thing. You didn't do anything to me. You're too nice of a person. Did I do anything to you?"


Innocently, I answer, "No. I didn't think you did. But I was starting to think you were having second thoughts about me even though you brought me around one of your daughters."

Bones replies, "Well, I had the same thoughts. You brought your sister-in-law, y'all started talking after y'all left. Maybe you changed your mind after that. Don't you think I get to thinking about us, too?"

Well, damn, I thought to myself. That led to a tense conversation where I had to provide some background. This is my second time around the block with Bones. The first time around...I couldn't stand him. We did not click at all. Terrible. It seemed like he disagreed with everything I said just for the sake of disagreeing. Eventually, we lost touch and moved on with our lives.

Then, in May '07, I get a random call from a chick wanting to have a Slumber Party at the last minute. Specifically, this chick wanted a fly bachelorette party on a Saturday, and she was calling on a Thursday - like she didn't know that a bachelorette party wouldn't be coming up on the Saturday before the wedding. Like someone really called her up and said, "Hey! I'm getting married this Saturday. Throw me a bachelorette party!" Great Slumber Parties take time, and 48 hours is not a good time to plan a hot girls night out. Good thing I already had a party booked, and the chick was passed off to another distributor. With only 48 hours notice, the distributor I passed it to could only provide a decent girls night out. Then again, Chick actually had the most bootleg ideas ever for her party.

But the cool thing about this Chick was she was referred to me by Bones. When she gave the name for the referral, I said, "Bones? Who is Bones?" Chick says, "You know Mr. Bones. He works at the hospital. He's a supervisor...."


Lightbulb! "I remember Bones! I haven't talked to him in ages. Tell him I'd still spank that behind in dominoes when he's ready."

Somewhere along the way, Bones calls me, we talk, and we eventually meet up for a game of dominoes. He beat me in a game with double 15s, but we both obviously enjoyed each other's company. The rest is history that has yet to be written. However (my favorite word of the moment), I shared something that I recognized about him: he's a dude that doesn't like to call. He loves hanging out in person, but he's just not a phone person. Therefore, he could easily disappear and leave me hanging. That concept drives me crazy, but our tense conversation led to the beginning of us both putting in more work towards our friendship.

I'm pretty much left with trying to determine if he is really in this friendship with me because he wants something serious or if he just wants to get physical with the young woman. I have to wonder because he is quite a bit older than me - he just doesn't look or act his age. So, my eyes are open, and I'm hoping I can completely open my heart to him slowly and in due time.

1 comment:

sunshyne said...

Point well take, Sis. Thanks for stopping by!