Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

7.19.2007

I've never thought of calling anyone else sunshine besides myself. But that's what Bones has become for me: a regular dose of sunshine. I can't talk about him all the time, but his effect on me is felt all the time. His spirit, his laughter, his adoration, his handsome face, his touch...all of it makes me feel so warm and glowy on the inside. He doesn't like the pet name of sunshine, but it applies. I'm open to any super sweet suggestions.

Meantime, I can't wait until 6 PM today. No, it's not Bones. It's my new addiction, and it involves a new guy. He can work it like no other! I love to watch him "make it do what it do" as he inspires me and dozens of others every Thursday. My Step instructor, Kamick (prounounced Ka-meek), is deliriously off the chain! That Thursday Step class is filled with a whole slew of guys that I find to be sexy but untouchable - only because all of them are gay like Kamick. But that means I'm really at this location to handle business because I'm pretty confident that not a single guy in there is looking at me because they're all busy trying to get fine for each other. If that's their cup of tea, then they can sip all day. Just as long as I get to have my hour of beautiful torture with Kamick on the step, then it's copacetic.

...

I got to the gym late, but I was in luck because my homegirl, Ms. EastSider, decided to try out the class I had been raving about, and she set up a step for me. The only negative: the step was dead in the front of the class where people could easily see me not getting yet another complicated step. I missed out on stretching with the class, but I did stretch my lower back. There was a lot of the usual: hamstrings around the world (hamstring curls while rotating in four points around and across the step bench); knee repeaters; and L-step.

Of course, Kamick always has us doing stuff that only his seasoned vets know about, but you just have to endure this lovely frustration of not knowing and keep a smile on your face as you fight to pick up the moves. The funny part is that I wind up beating myself up for not being able to get some of the moves. Then, when I stop to wipe the waterfalls of sweat from my face, rest my muscles for 10 seconds, and catch my breath, I look around and find almost the whole room has stopped because Kamick has called out some wild combos that maybe 2 or 3 vets can keep up with.

But that's the sincere beauty of the class. It inspires you to do your best to keep up with the rest of the class and one day become one of the few vets that can keep with Kamick's combos. You don't want to drag down the rest of the class, so I wind up pushing myself harder and further to keep up. But you can't just keep up only one day of the week. That class actually motivates me to work out the rest of the week so I can get a natural high from working out in that class. My eating habits have to improve so I won't be taking this class in vain. After all the sweating and sore Fridays I've had since starting the class, I refuse to still be the big girl in class that can keep up. At some point, I have to use that DISCIPLINE to move forward and be a better but more svelte Sunshyne.

NOTE: Sunshyne will not remain the same big girl in her 30s that she was in her 20s. Mark my words.

2 comments:

t.dixon said...

hey girlie! thought i'd show you some love - i thought i'd get back up on blogger. you've got a new reader so keep it coming!

Unknown said...

My sister came into town to go to that picnic. She is a brand new baby AKA. She said she had fun. It looks like you did too.