Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

4.24.2007

Prouder than a papa peacock watching eggs hatch

I'm really proud of accomplishing something small because I'm trying to make a big ol' comeback after having someone rob my apartment. Trust me...more on this shortly.

Finally, I did something to start building my business. I used the technology provided by Slumber Parties to generate my own professional ad!!! I actually did it all by myself. I even got a nifty logo out of it that says "Slumber Parties by ____".

I know it seems silly to be so proud of something that might seem easy to some, but I've got a long ways to go from where I've been since last weekend. This is a baby step in the right direction. Now, the key will be continuing to take those unsure, wobbly baby steps that will evolve into long, confident strides because I know exactly what I'm doing.

First, I have to overcome some hurdles. I actually see a whole line of hurdles in front of me when I think of what I've had to go through recently. Two Saturdays ago, I visited my parents' house (unusual for a Saturday night) because my grandma was over there. She usually doesn't venture from the Eastside, but she had to come home with my Dad for a while. He was being a good Mama's boy and staying with her over the weekend while my uncle and aunt went out of town. That impressed me, too. Well, my 1 -2 hour visit turned into a sleepover. My brother, NOPI, spent the night, too, after coming back from a night of partying.

Well, we cut up for a while with Mom and our nephew who spent the night, too. NOPI leaves first while I cut up a little longer with my Mom. NOPI calls me while I'm in the car to tell me we were robbed. Robbed? Us? In East Point? About 2 miles from the Police Department? Noooo.... There must be a mistake. Um...there were plenty of mistakes made.

I won't go into detail, but we have a good idea who did it. The police are aware and just need to get 100% on the ball.

Meanwhile, we can't stay around the foolishness. We were literally going to move around the corner into a wonderful house with hardwood floors, way too much space, a pecan tree in the back, and quietness. Yes, a few hundred feet really would've provided a quieter atmosphere. We had to drop that and do one of the most humbling things I've ever done to date: we moved back into our parents' home.

I may have to go into those details later, but it still makes me emotional just thinking of going back home. The silver lining in the move is that maybe God put me in this position to get me ready for something wayyy greater than renting a house. Maybe there are some steps I'm gonna have to take that'll get me to being a homeowner sooner than I think. I still remember reading a book about a setback is not a step back; it's a step forward. I'll need to reread that and focus on that entire concept because I sincerely believe that I'm being set up for something bigger than I could imagine.

Despite the line of business I'm in, I really think God wants me to take myself to the next level with my SlumberParties business. It makes total sense right now.

Lastly, I had to drop that dude Sam. The abridged version: it just wasn't gonna work. Just wasn't. He's a nice guy but too many issues, and I never really had an infatuation or love for him. I liked what he did for me, not who he was. Believe it or not, the probability of me hurting him deep down in the long run was more concerning to me because that had more chance of coming true than the probability of me falling for him. I really want to get deep on this.

Shoutout to SupaChica for becoming my sister in Greekdom as she crossed into DeltaLand through the Marietta-Roswell Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta. I love you, girl! (I would give more info, but I don't want to reveal her identity without her permission because some people really are computer savvy and might try to look up her info. See how I got yo' back? But don't look for too much more Crimson and Creme on my blog in the future. LOL)

2 comments:

The Grant Factory said...

OOOOO-OOOP!!

Love ya Always My Sister In Greekdom,

Supachica aka "flygyrl" :-)

sunshyne said...

you gonna have to keep them "other" calls to a minimum, chica. LOL