Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

11.04.2008

So many thoughts in my head yet so little time before I have to report back to the salt mines better known as my job. Wide awake for some good reasons since I'm contemplating all of my next moves.

At least I have the CDL General Knowledge test under my belt. I'm studying up for the Air Brakes and Combinations portions that I plan to take later this month. The beauty is that I'm one step closer to my goal. I'm officially on the path to the next phase of my life, and that thrills me so much. The next phase can't start fast enough, but everything is still happening one step at a time. *sigh* But if I could drive someone's truck tomorrow, I would.

Since I can't, I'm living vicariously through a new friend of a friend. I met her when she was still in CDL school at Dekalb Tech. Now, she's officially earned her Class A CDL and will be starting orientation with a trucking company soon. She doesn't officially know it, but she's already become a sort of mentor for me. We both already know we'll be two of the prettiest truckers on the road. That doesn't mean trucking in stilettos and fitted Baby Phat jeans. Just maintaining the pretty....

In the meantime, I'm praying that I can make it through my current position. I only need it while I'm in school, and I'm outta there as soon as I get the right trucking position. But for now, I'm appreciating the fact that I'm employed while others are unemployed in this atrocious economy and job market. A job that drives me crazy with changes and interesting executive decision making is better than no job at all, especially since I know at least four people currently out of work, and one hasn't worked in 3 months. I'm bitter about my job but sincerely appreciative to be employed. Quite the conundrum that anyone can clearly understand in 2008.

"I Just Want it To Be Over" was an instrumental part of my personal soundtrack when I was teaching but finally realized I want to drive trucks. Yet, I have an interesting motor vehicle record. It's cleaned up now with ZERO points, but I'm obviously in yet another phase where this last phase can't be over fast enough.


Keyshia Cole - (I just want it) to be over
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwPS2FT0HUE

No comments: